Wednesday, March 23, 2011

EOC: Week 10: What Channels are you going to do to get your product noticed?


Producing a product or service and making it available to buyers requires building relationships not just with customers, but also with key suppliers and resellers in the company’s supply chain. This supply chain consists of “upstream” and “downstream” partners. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Page 311
The first thing I would do is establish relationship with the company the are going the supply me with the materials to get my product manufacture. I need to connect with my upstream partner so I can get my producer created the cheapest.
Upstream from the company is the set of firms that supply the raw materials, components, parts, information, finances, and expertise needed to create a product or service. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Page 311
Then next I would be to extablish my downstream relationship the with the major retail story such as Walmart, Target, Kmart,  and more.  After my product is created I need it to be sold in a store that gets a lot of business daily. Downstream marketing channel partners, such as wholesalers and retailers, form a vital connection between the firm and its customers.
Marketing channel design
Designing effective marketing channels by analyzing consumer needs, setting channel objectives, identifying major channel alternatives, and evaluating them. Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Page 322

No comments:

Post a Comment